Worship Cross Tool List
Tool and supply list for Worship Crosses
Use this list to ensure you have all the right tools and gear to build the Salvation Cross before you get the plans.
- Drill Cordless is nice. This one is a great value.
- Drill bit, ⅛ inch A metal drill index is a valuable addition to your arsenal. This one is compact, sturdy, and it can be used to gauge what size hole is needed for any screw by removing the bit and inserting the screw in the opening.
- Glue Line Rip Blade Awesome for ripping strips
- Table saw I don't own a SawStop, but I highly recommend them!
- Burnisher A wooden spoon does the job just fine too
- Combination square, 6-inch A compact and versatile tool, I keep a combination square in my apron at all times.
- Clamps, Bar you'll need five to put the cross together.
- Pencil These are #3 pencils. The harder lead stays sharper longer.
- Sandpaper 3M Variety pack is the best way to get started.
- Tape measure This 16' tape measure is a joy to use. It's the perfect size and weight for me.
Lacquer Thinner The secret ingredient
Shop rags These + water make cleanup easy
Water bowl You'll want to keep a fresh bowl of water handy during glue-up
- Wood Any wood will do, hardwoods work best.
- Wood glue Tightbond is my glue of choice.
- Wood Glue bottle The GluBot is an amazing glue dispenser. Its multiple tips give you a lot of control so you can evenly distribute the right amount of glue for the job.
- Gloves You don't want to apply lacquer thinner without these!
- Dust mask Save your lungs.
- Miter gauge or sled These are for making cross-cuts on the table saw.
- Push stick Keep those digits safe!
- Safety glasses To protect those peepers!
NICE TO HAVE
- Drum Sander The most time-saving tool in my shop!
- Dado Stack A dado stack will save you a bunch of time.
- Orbital sander I held off buying this for too long. Game-changing sander!
- Shoulder Plane Great for cleaning up half-laps
- Card Scraper Saves sanding time and cleans up well
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used in this post. I may make a small commission if you click and purchase. Thank you for your support!