The Resurrection CrossTool & Supply List
Here is the tool and supply list for The Resurrection Cross.
Use this list to ensure you're equipped with all of the right stuff to take on these projects before buying the plans.
- Dado Set You'll need to cut a ¼ dado.
- Drill Cordless is nice. This one is a great value.
- Drill bit, ⅛ inch A metal drill index is a valuable addition to your arsenal. This one is compact, sturdy, and it can be used to gauge what size hole is needed for any screw by removing the bit and inserting the screw in the opening.
- Table saw I don't own a SawStop, but I highly recommend them!
- Cabinet scraper These are excellent for cleaning dry glue from wooden surfaces.
- Combination square, 6-inch A compact and versatile tool, I keep a combination square in my apron at all times.
- Clamps, Spring | 2-inch These are handy tools to have around.
- Pencil These are #3 pencils. The harder lead stays sharper longer.
- Sandpaper 3M Variety pack is the best way to get started.
- Tape measure This 16' tape measure is a joy to use. It's the perfect size and weight for me.
- Wood Two contrasting hardwoods work best.
- Dust mask Save your lungs.
- Miter gauge or sled These are for making cross-cuts on the table saw.
- Push stick Keep those digits safe!
- Safety glasses To protect those peepers!
NICE TO HAVE
- Belt sander [All plans]
- Orbital sander [All Plans] I held off buying this for too long. Game-changing sander!
- Reciprocating saw [Quilted Crosses] For the easy pallet break-down method.
- Reciprocating saw blades, bi-metal [Quilted Crosses] For cutting nails.
- Thickness planer [All plans] This is totally avoidable unless you're making several crosses at once, then it's a lifesaver!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used in this post. I may make a small commission if you click and purchase. Thank you for your support!