Tool & Supply List | Simple Cross
Here is the tool and supply list for The Simple Cross.
Use this list to ensure you're equipped with all of the right stuff to take on this project before you buy the plans.
- Drill Cordless is nice. This one is a great value.
- Drill bit, ⅛ inch A metal drill index is a valuable addition to your arsenal. This one is compact, sturdy, and it can be used to gauge what size hole is needed for any screw by removing the bit and inserting the screw in the opening.
- Table saw I don't own a SawStop, but I highly recommend them!
- Bar clamps, 12-inches These quick grip clamps are fast and easy to use.
- Cabinet scraper These are excellent for cleaning dry glue from wooden surfaces.
- Combination square, 6-inch A compact and versatile tool, I keep a combination square in my apron at all times.
- Pencil These are #3 pencils. The harder lead stays sharper longer.
- Sandpaper 3M Variety pack is the best way to get started.
- Tape measure This 16' tape measure is a joy to use. It's the perfect size and weight for me.
Shop rags These make cleanup easier.
Water bowl Keep it close during glue-ip.
- Wood Reclaimed wood works awesome for this one!
- Wood glue Tightbond is my glue of choice.
- Wood Glue bottle The GluBot is an amazing glue dispenser. Its multiple tips give you a lot of control so you can evenly distribute the right amount of glue for the job.
- Dust mask Save your lungs.
- Miter gauge or sled These are for making cross-cuts on the table saw.
- Push stick Keep those digits safe!
- Safety glasses To protect those peepers!
NICE TO HAVE
- Belt sander Makes quick work of rough surfaces.
- Orbital sander held off buying this for too long. Game-changing sander!
*Disclaimer: These are affiliate links.