Quilted Crosses Tool & Supply List
Here is the tool and supply list for Three Quilted Crosses Project Plans.
Use this list to ensure you're equipped with all of the right stuff to take on this project before buying the plans.
- Drill Cordless is nice. This one is a great value.
- Drill bit, ⅛ inch A metal drill index is a valuable addition to your arsenal. This one is compact, sturdy, and it can be used to gauge what size hole is needed for any screw by removing the bit and inserting the screw in the opening.
- Phillips screw tip This is helpful when building the jig, a Phillips screwdriver would also suffice.
- Table saw I don't own a SawStop, but I highly recommend them!
- Cabinet scraper These are excellent for cleaning dry glue from wooden surfaces.
- Combination square, 6-inch A compact and versatile tool, I keep a combination square in my apron at all times.
- Clamps, hold-down These are a vital part of a the jig.
- Clamps, Spring | 2-inch For glue-up.
- Crowbar The bigger the better. This beast is 36" long.
- Hammer This 28 oz. long handle straight rip claw hammer will help break those pallets down (if you choose to do it the hard way).
- Pencil These are #3 pencils. The harder lead stays sharper longer.
- Sandpaper 3M Variety pack is the best way to get started.
- Screws, #6, ¾ inch long For the jig.
- Tape measure This 16' tape measure is a joy to use. It's the perfect size and weight for me.
½ Brads For the jig.
½ Plywood for the jig.
Shop rags Handy for cleanup.
Water bowl Keep it close by during glue-up.
- Pallet or other reclaimed wood
- Wood glue Tightbond is my glue of choice.
- Wood Glue bottle The GluBot is an amazing glue dispenser. Its multiple tips give you a lot of control so you can evenly distribute the right amount of glue for the job.
- Dust mask Save your lungs.
- Push stick Keep those digits safe!
- Safety glasses To protect those peepers!
NICE TO HAVE
- Belt sander
- Orbital sander I held off buying this for too long. Game-changing sander!
- Reciprocating saw For the easy pallet break-down method.
- Reciprocating saw blades, bi-metal For cutting nails.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used in this post. I may make a small commission if you click and purchase. Thank you for your support!
Does the quilt cross come in kit form?