The Unity Cross Tool & Supply List
Here is the tool and supply list for The Unity Cross Project Plans.
Use this list to ensure you're equipped with all of the right stuff to take on this project before you buy the plans.
- Dado Set You'll need to cut a ¾ wide dado.
- Drill Cordless is nice. This one is a great value.
- Drill bit, ⅛ inch A metal drill index is a valuable addition to your arsenal. This one is compact, sturdy, and it can be used to gauge what size hole is needed for any screw by removing the bit and inserting the screw in the opening.
- Table saw I don't own a SawStop, but I highly recommend them!
- Cabinet scraper These are excellent for cleaning dry glue from wooden surfaces.
- Combination square, 6-inch A compact and versatile tool, I keep a combination square in my apron at all times.
- Clamps, Spring | 2-inch These are super-handy to have around as well.
- Pencil These are #3 pencils. The harder lead stays sharper longer.
- Sandpaper 3M Variety pack is the best way to get started.
- Tape measure This 16' tape measure is a joy to use. It's the perfect size and weight for me.
Shop rags For easy cleanup.
Water bowl Keep it close during glue-up.
- Wood You'll want two contrasting pieces for this design.
- Wood glue Tightbond is my glue of choice.
- Wood Glue bottle The GluBot is an amazing glue dispenser. Its multiple tips give you a lot of control so you can evenly distribute the right amount of glue for the job.
- Dust mask Save your lungs.
- Miter gauge or sled These are for making cross-cuts on the table saw.
- Push stick Keep those digits safe!
- Safety glasses To protect those peepers!
NICE TO HAVE
- Belt sander Makes quick work of rough surfaces.
- Orbital sander I held off buying this for too long. Game-changing sander!
- Thickness planer This is totally avoidable unless you're making several crosses at once, then it's a lifesaver!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used in this post. I may make a small commission if you click and purchase. Thank you for your support!