7 Cross Project Plan Bundle Tool & Supply List
Here is the tool and supply list for the 7 Cross Project Plan Bundle.
Use this list to ensure you're equipped with all of the right stuff to take on these projects before buying the plans.
- Dado Set [Unity & Resurrection Crosses]
- Drill [All plans] Cordless is nice. This one is a great value.
- Drill bit, ⅛ inch [All plans] A metal drill index is a valuable addition to your arsenal. This one is compact, sturdy, and it can be used to gauge what size hole is needed for any screw by removing the bit and inserting the screw in the opening.
- Phillips screw tip [Quilted Cross]
- Miter saw [Layered Crosses]
- Table saw [All plans] I don't own a SawStop, but I highly recommend them!
- Bar clamps, 12-inches [Simple Cross] These quick grip clamps are fast and easy to use.
- Cabinet scraper [All Plans] These are excellent for cleaning dry glue from wooden surfaces.
- Combination square, 6-inch [All Plans] A compact and versatile tool, I keep a combination square in my apron at all times.
- Clamps, hold-down [Quilted Crosses]
- Clamps, Spring | 2-inch [Unity, Layered & Quilted Crosses]
- Crowbar [Quilted Crosses] The bigger the better. This beast is 36" long.
- Hammer [Quilted Crosses] This 28 oz. long handle straight rip claw hammer will help break those pallets down (if you choose to do it the hard way).
- Pencil [All plans] These are #3 pencils. The harder lead stays sharper longer.
- Sandpaper [All Plans] 3M Variety pack is the best way to get started.
- Screws, #6, ¾ inch long [Quilted Crosses]
- Tape measure [All Plans] This 16' tape measure is a joy to use. It's the perfect size and weight for me.
- ½ Brads [Quilted Crosses]
- ½ Plywood for the jig [Quilted Crosses]
- Shop rags [All plans except Resurrection]
- Water bowl [All plans except Resurrection]
- Wood [All plans]
- Wood glue [All plans except Resurrection] Tightbond is my glue of choice.
- Wood Glue bottle [All plans except Resurrection] The GluBot is an amazing glue dispenser. Its multiple tips give you a lot of control so you can evenly distribute the right amount of glue for the job.
- Dust mask [All plans] Save your lungs.
- Miter gauge or sled [All plans except Quilted Crosses] These are for making cross-cuts on the table saw.
- Push stick [All plans] Keep those digits safe!
- Safety glasses [All plans] To protect those peepers!
NICE TO HAVE
- Belt sander [All plans]
- Orbital sander [All Plans] I held off buying this for too long. Game-changing sander!
- Reciprocating saw [Quilted Crosses] For the easy pallet break-down method.
- Reciprocating saw blades, bi-metal [Quilted Crosses] For cutting nails.
- Thickness planer [All plans] This is totally avoidable unless you're making several crosses at once, then it's a lifesaver!
*Disclaimer: These are affiliate links.